Saturday, April 5, 2008

Cover - Your Call by Secondhand Serenade

performed by Caer'beru

Notes from Blue Hat Beru: I really like this song, but only the version where there were three voices on the second stanza. So here is my take on it. I know this is nothing compared to the real version, as I find the person behind Secondhand Serenade's vocal range is pretty straining. But what the hell, it's actually fun to do! haha. And Secondhand Serenade is made by only one person anyway, so I decided to do sort of the same thing, mixing my own second voice in it. lol. Anyway, hope you like my take on this great song by a good band--one man band that is.

(Please wait for the IMEEM to load. It should play automatically after 10-20 seconds.)



Lyrics

I
Waiting for your call, I'm sick, call I'm angry
Call I'm desperate for your voice
Listening to the song we used to sing
In the car, do you remember
Butterfly, Early Summer
It's playing on repeat, Just like when we would meet
(Like when we would meet)

Chorus
Cause I was born (BlueHat:Darn, I get out-of-breath on this part, haha) to tell you I love you
And I am torn to do what I have to, to make you mine
Stay with me tonight

II
Stripped and polished, I am new, I am fresh
I am feeling so ambitious, you and me, flesh to flesh
Cause every breath that you will take.
While you are sitting next to me
Will bring life into my deepest hopes, What's your fantasy?
(What's yours? What's yours, What is yours)

Chorus
Cause I was born to tell you I love you
And I am torn to do what I have to, to make you mine
Stay with me tonight

Bridge
And I'm tired of being all alone, and this solitary moment makes me want to come back home
X4
( I know everything you wanted isn't anything you have)

Chorus
Cause I was born to tell you I love you
And I am torn to do what I have to, to make you mine
Stay with me tonight

Cause
I was born to tell you I love you
And I am torn to do what I have to, to make you mine
Stay with me tonight
( I know everything you wanted isn't anything you have)


extra notes: Standard guitar tuning, recorded on Nero Wav Editor, applied basic Noise Reduction, and saved as a WAV File then converted to MP3 using Acoustica. Recorded 2nd voice, recorded the other 2nd voice, then mixed it all in Acoustica Mp3 Audio Mixer.

(Did you like this song? Please feel free to leave suggestions, comments, and feedback. Thanks for listening!)

No comments: